Sunday, January 16, 2022

F&IW Militia

 

Posting some more of my backlog work that I wasn't able to post before the challenge started. These are some organized militia that have some training, but not quite at the provincial level.


I created these with the intention of using them for Sharp Practice, but these of course can be used for any ruleset because they are sabot based.



 The figures are from Galloping Major and the whole range is excellent and very painter friendly, but I must say these are my favorite so far as I really like the eclectic clothes and equipment.


I really like the posing of the figures as it gives a sense of chaotic action with some shooting and some calling and others loading a real militia scene if you will. You could imagine the poor officer choking on smoke trying to get the men to fire in sequence......maybe the first shot if he can harness their excitement, but after that forgot it not going to happen.  

The figures were painted using my customary Foundry paints which gives a nice color intensive effect to the miniatures I really like and I also mixed in some Vallajo and Mig pigments for some dusting on the stones.



The command group represents the Captain probably selected by the men and a drummer who may or may not know how to use it in a military formation and his lieutenant crouching and sergeant. All the figures are also sabot based so I can put them in the formations or trade them out on other sabot commands. 


Recently I just hosted my first game online and it was very fun (AWI game) and I hope to do another perhaps featuring my F&IW collection. I still have some more F&IW backlog, but just one more I think which I'll post soon....ish.

Thanks for viewing!

Miniature Company-Galloping Major

21 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! These figures are painted and dressed too well to be rabble militiamen.

    More details on your remote game, please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Jonathan! I'll try and remember to give more details on the remote gaming.

      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Very fine looking chaps there Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb looking Colonials, Christopher! Love the deeply rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most excellent painting my friend! Love the rich colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely turned out militia there Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you very much and your figures are superb and a pleasure to paint.

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. These are absolutely superb! Lovely figures and painting. Phil

    ReplyDelete