Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Fallschirmjäger Tank Hunters


I decided to add some more support options to my force with some important anti- tank options in the form of a couple deadly panzerschreks and some nasty panzerfausts plus a Panzerbüchuse 38 Anti-tank rifle followed up by 5cm mortar team to keep the enemies heads down.



I had two of same models for the panzerfausts but by changing up their uniform I think that really helps for them not to look like repeats.




You may have noticed that all the Crusader miniatures are sculpted in the early war uniforms and I kept them that way without any late war camo. I did this for two reasons one being that troops wearing early uniforms works fine in the late war and second at some point I also want to build an early war Fallschirmjäger force and the Crusader figures will help towards that goal.


I hope this overhead shot works as I wanted to better show what the base and the prone figures look like that is a bit harder to see when looking head on.



As usual for my 20th century figures and beyond  I used mostly Vallejo paints and MIG  pigments for the dusting to get the colors I want.



Some people speculate what theater I designed these for and mostly it was for Normandy with some Italian veterans and of course Italy itself.

I still have some more fallschirmjäger on the way, but starting to see a small crack of light at the end of the tunnel, however still some ways to go yet before the job is done.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company-Artizan, Crusader





11 comments :

  1. Nice additions to the ongoing forces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just excellent Chris! Can't wait to have a closer look... but I better make sure I leave the Sherman at home 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some very dangerous looking fellows Christopher...
    And beautifully painted.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellently painted and based, these awesome FJ's. Some of my favorite troops in any period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo these are fantastic. Love the basing on them. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete