Sunday, March 22, 2020

Fallschirnjäger leaders, radio, forward observer + AWI casualty markers


Last post of the challenge! I'm ending it by adding some leaders to my fallschirmjäger in form of a Leutnant and his right hand man an Unteroffizier in addition to a radio operator and a forward observer.


I'll probably end up using the radio operator as a pressed in medic for most games until I actually paint up one for it.


The figures are all Artizan which are my favorite WWII models as I like both the character and extremely painter friendly design. The colors were mostly Vallejo with some Mig pigments for the rocks and such.


When I decided to do fallschirmjäger for this challenge I knew I would struggle to meet my points goal and alas I didn't make it, but I'm not disappointed as I mostly achieved what I wanted to get finished. I still have some more left to go and would have liked to get them done as well, but I'm still content with my progress.


After fallschirmjäger I may take a crack on painting some British or move on to Germans and Americans to Italy, but I cannot just decide yet.


I also decided to add some much needed AWI casualty's for my AWI project. I already have 4 for my Americans but decided I needed at least 4 more. Later I'll add some British and Germans as well to my collection.


The figures are of course Perry miniatures which constitutes  a great deal of my AWI collection to include my entire American forces and likely the Germans and French as well in the future and my British are a mix of Perry and Front rank for those curious.


I painted these with mostly Foundry paints with some Vallajo plus the usual Mig pigments on the base.


As for keeping track of casualties I prefer to use a number system on the base where you can turn the complete base as a kind of dial if you like instead of a dice construct as I find it blends a bit more and you don't lose the dice picking it up.


Thanks for viewing!
Minature Company- Artizan, Perry

12 comments :

  1. Superb additions Christopher, you had me looking at Artizan FJ, it's as well my war game spend has been curtailed due to the current situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding paint job, Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super brushwork there Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on this set of miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting and basing of your Fallschirmjager. Thankfully doing Early war I don't have to worry about the splinter camo but yours is definitely worth the extra time spent.
    Again, great painting and basing with your AWI, a couple of great collections Christopher.
    Stay safe,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are superb!
    Especially loving the AWI stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supurb brushwork Chris! Love the camo

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete