Sunday, December 3, 2023

More Reb and Union artillery


Hello I'm back again with some more ACW. I needed some more artillery for both sides so I painted up some although these have been finished for a little while now in which time I've been tinkering away on other projects.


First up are some Rebel batteries from probably my favorite ACW range Redoubt miniatures as they pack a huge amount of character and flavor of the period. Anyhow lots of fun painting these up!



I'm really getting somewhere now with this project which always helps with the mojo! I plan on doing some command, cavalry, casualties and such next and then see where I am.

The union artillery I decided to try out the Perry plastic artillery set. As plastics goes it is pretty good set and while not as nice as the metals it gets the job done and still looks good.


Assembly went fine and parts seemed to fit pretty well which is important as I hate plastic assembly so I'm not turned off to doing more of these. Since the union has more artillery these sets will come in handy.




That's all for now, but I do have more stuff I've done just as ever haven't gotten around to posting yet! The future will see more ACW, ECW and perhaps a surprise project I've been thinking about. 

Thanks for viewing!

Miniature Companies- Redoubt, Perry miniatures

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful looking ACW batteries, Christopher. I agree that those Redoubt figs look great, especially with your talented brushwork. I particularly like how the greyish blue turned out on some of the Confederates. The red jacket are also a nice contrast. Perry plastics are usually minimal parts so putting them together is pretty simple. As they are cost-friendly they can build up large forces economically. That said, I've recently went with metal figs for skirmish games - as the single-based figures are much more durable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dean! I only use plastics on some of my large army projects, but like you I don't think any of my skirmish projects have any plastic in them! If I can avoid them I usually do.

      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed Christopher…
    You have got some lovely rich colours in your Confederate gun crews…
    I have to admit that I much prefer the weight and feel of a metal miniatures.. I guess I’m just an old Lead Head 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Aly. I'm just like you in my preference for metals for the reasons you mentioned plus not much assembly. However at times I will include plastics to fill holes in my armies. I keep trying to do more because of the economics of it, but admit it's tough going for an old lead head.

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Superb! Your photography is always off the charts good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb as always, the Perry plastics are also terrific
    And no company can beat Redout in regards to character
    Greets Franz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Franz! I wasn't aware you were on blogger. I'm almost ready to begin gaming this project.

      Christopher

      Delete