Thursday, March 30, 2023

Some Rebel and Union Guns

 

Re-based a couple older guns and added a couple newer guns for my ACW collection to support the infantry I've doned already. First up is the rebel battery.


Artillery always looks cool on the tabletop and even more so if assembled in groups or batteries.



Painting artillery is a mixed bag as I really enjoy painting the crew, but the gun itself can be a bit annoying to clean and even paint, but does payoff when finished. The rebels really do offer one a choice to indulge yourself in variety when it comes to their apperance.


Next up are some union guns which offer a contrast to the rebels with more of a uniformity, but still some opportunity to mix colors with coats removed.


All the guns here are from Perry miniatures metals and while a pain to clean up sure do offer some fantastic posing that really gives a sense of action!



I have some more ACW on the desk as I still have a ways to go, but I think some French and Indian War stuff might get posted before that.

Thanks for viewing!

Miniature Company- Perry Miniatures

8 comments :

  1. I take it the flash on the Perry figures has not improved at all. It puts me off buying them to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so bad you shouldn't buy them if you like how they look.

      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Perry Miniatures casting is dreadful, full of vent runs. Nice work though once you'd cleaned them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David and yes it pays off in the end so worth it.

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Wonderful brushwork, Christopher! I actually quite like Perry models, though I do wish they took a bit of time with the finishing.

    ReplyDelete