Monday, November 22, 2021

More German Warriors

 

Blowing the dust off my blog just in time for the winter season and typically my busiest in terms of blogging. I've been running this blog for over a decade plus and it seems I just run into more inactivity in terms of posting and commenting as the years go by(sorry if I've missed posts), but still want to keep it going in spite of that. Blogs are a very nice way of chronicling your hobby then the easier but more fleeting other social media platforms I find. It's more work, but more satisfying in the end.



During my absence I haven't been twiddling my thumbs, but actually have been steadily painting miniatures albeit not at a rapid pace by any means which has left me with a fair backlog of units I need to photograph and post. I thought I would first kick it off with some German Warriors from my Infamy project which has been my primary focus.



It's been great fun watching my project grow and to my astonishment I've continued to stay more or less focused on a project until I reach a set goal something that is only very recent to me say within the past few years. I've had an occasion to stay on a project for a short period, before succumbing to O shiny thing, but lately it's becoming more common for me to stay focused to achieve a goal. Strange times indeed.......



My friend Nick and I have already had a few games of Infamy under our belts and great fun it has been! He has been playing the steady Romans and I the wild barbarians and the games have proven to give both players challanges in trying to achieve victory. I highly recommend playing the game as it truely does give a feeling of fighting in those times and is completely immersive. 



The figures are from the most excellent Wargames Foundry Ancient German range and pack massive character in them. They are on the expensive side, but imho have no equal so worth the cost. The colors used are mostly Foundry paints with a bit a Vallejo and some Mig pigments for dusting.

So that's it for now, but I should have another unit posted up pretty soon as I would like to get some of the backlog finished before the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge starts next month here and I turn my full attention to that and the new resulting units.

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Wargames Foundry




20 comments :

  1. Very nice wild German chaps. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Germans, Christopher! Great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking Ancient Germans, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work of colors on your German Warriors clothing etc. hand painted shields? and the skin tones look great, plus the flocking of bases too! everything looks "historical" well done Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Phil! A bit over half the shields were hand painted.

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. Back with a bang, fine work on some of Mr.Copplestones finest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil and indeed Mr. Copplestones figures stand the test of time.

      Christopher

      Delete
  6. Nice looking Germans. Wonder if could use my Celts as German Warriors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary. Depending on how partucular you are then I don't see why not perhaps they were a less hairy German tribe living close to a celtic border.

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. Hello Christopher,

    Superb paintjob !!! I like shield's pattern too !!!

    Nikkobourges

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificently done. This is some seriously good painting here!

    ReplyDelete