Sunday, January 9, 2011

Miss Kitty Zombie Survivor


 As I mentioned at the club we have caught the zombie fever and are itching to sink our teeth(pun intended) into the genre.A combination of films,games and Hasselfree miniatures hooked me.Everyone in the group will collect a few survivors and some zombies to start.After we have a few painted up we will move on to doing terrain.We will start off with some free rules and maybe pick up some commercial ones.
This is the first of my Zombie Survivors Miss Kitty who looks pretty harmless....that is except for the twin  9mm's in each hand!My impression of Hasselfree miniatures up close is.........fantastic!!!!They are true 25mm and therefore on the small side.When holding them one sees they are very finely sculpted and delicate miniatures with superb detail and very clean.
I'm not that experienced in painting female figures as I'm a newcomer to pulp/horror genre with most of my experience in historical or warrior/monster fantasy, and so I really hope I did this figure some justice.I really enjoyed painting her and will do some more females in the future for sure hopefully improving as I go along as I really need more practice.By this I mean painting male skin and female skin is very different as the transition in tones on females needs to be more smooth or she will look too harsh and buffed out which wasn't what I wanted for her and probably most other female miniatures.
More post apocalyptic zombie stuff to follow  along with some soon to see El Cid,AWI and Chaos in Cairo.
Miniature Company-Hasselfree Miniatures

17 comments :

  1. Really nice paint job and I really like the base as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Christopher,
    I will be keen to see your project develope. We had planned to do a zombie game for our club but work schedules got in the way with the lads that are interested. I still painted up a shed load of Z's for the future.
    What rules will you be using?
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding painting - not just the skin, but the very subtle White trousers and blonde hair. Excellent creative basing too. Like Paul, I'm looking forward to more zombie-ness!

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super work Chris. Love the colours used on her outfit.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zombie fever is cool and that is a very well painted miniature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

    Paul the rules we will start with are called "Dead Walk Again" and they are free.I might also pick Iron Ivan's "From Hell".

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brillaint looking paint work. Painting white is tough so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely smashing. Kitty was also among my choices from Hasselfree together with Harvy, Cobra, Ken and some others. It's a lovely miniature. Your painting is ridiculously fitting and well executed. She looks great but I am sure she goes through hell to keep the outfit that white. :) Still, why should Zombies keep a woman from looking spectacular and hot?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the way you did her!
    sweet girl with nasty guns. Zombies are cool, I watched "Zombieland" last Friday and really enjoyed it.

    Cheers

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for the nice comments!

    That's true Doc,she is very clean,but she's a crack shot and picks off the zeds before they can get to close and mess up her outfit!:-)
    In the future I will "dirty" some of the survivors up to give that just been fighting look.Others like Kitty I leave clean like they just finished ran sacking a department store.

    Jan I enjoyed Zombieland too.I recommend tuning into the mini series The Walking Dead if you haven't already.:-)

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Others you may "dirty" up but this girl looks even more bad-ass by being this clean. Don't know if that makes sense...

    Yeah, the Walking Dead comics are also fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb work Sir. I love the basing particularly; would you mind sharing how you did that element?

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice action figure I like it, nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the support everyone!

    The base is a fine sand that is painted and weathered and the newspaper is shrunk down and weathered as well.I hope this helps.:-)

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you. I have the goal of taking the quality of my bases a lot further this year and really like what you've done here. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete