Sunday, October 21, 2018

Militia Skirmishers #2



Still trying to come to terms with my new camera(year + old) and still not satisfied, but truth be told I don't like taking the time to learn it as I do not like taking pictures, but still enjoy sharing what I do so something of a pickle. These are some more militia skirmishers for my AWI collection to be used primarily for sharp Practice, but also for other systems I use.


I've had these figures painted for some time now, but just got around to photographing and posting them. In fact I probably have at least 6 posts worth of stuff, but a combination of life, laziness to get off my duff take some pics and do a write up has seen me fall way behind.


These guys have already seen action in our first Sharp Practice II game and we had wonderful time and really look forward to get another game in. Did I take pictures of this you may ask? Why of course I did and of course I've yet to write up the report! Reports like pictures of my figures are also way behind.



Currently working on terrain and more AWI plus I've already started a secret project I'll unveil when I have a bit more finished to show, but enjoying it quite a bit!


They were painted using Foundry and Vallajo paints plus some MIG pigments for a little extra dust on the basing. Hopefully my next post will be a little sooner then the last one coming!

Thanks for viewing!
Miniature Company- Foundry and Perry miniatures



30 comments :

  1. What a beautiful collection of militia, nice varied poses and great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super work on your militia, Christopher! Sometimes, inertia is hard to overcome. Newton was a smart chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan and it sure is hard to overcome!

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done my friend! As I already had the pleasure to face them on the field of battle I‘ve to say they look even better in the flesh. Looking forward to their next outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nick and I look forward to our next gaming session!

      Christopher

      Delete
  4. It's hard to do good shading on white, but you nailed it on these. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly AJ and no doubt white and black can be the most difficult to get right so really appreciate that.

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. Most excellent work my good man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking Colonials, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking skirmishers Christopher! I look forward to seeing the rest of your backlog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curt! I'll get right on it tomorrow....err next week....um well....

      Christopher

      Delete
  8. Very nice painting, + super nice Birch trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jay! I can't remember where I got the trees, but I agree they are nice!

      Christopher

      Delete
  9. Fine work, Christopher, fine work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great! I bet it's such a nice change to paint this kind of unit after all those endless uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bit late, lovely work on these militia types, really nice!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain and a nice comment is never late!:-)

      Christopher

      Delete