Thursday, March 26, 2015

More M4A1 Shermans


Slowly getting back into things. While 15mm isn't the easiest to paint it is very practical scale in that it paints a bit quicker then 28mm and you can see the figures better then 10mm plus gives you a large army effect. It's also a very popular scale making finding players easier and uses up less space. Anyhow I will be doing more 15mm in the future for my small scale stuff. Most of my terrain is all 15mm and 28mm so it's not surprising I would prefer things to stay that way, but things can always change.

These are some Sherman tanks I did a little while ago for my FOW American Tank Company, but just couldn't get the energy up to photograph and post it up. Americans are fun and easy to paint which is a good way to get going again after you have been in a major slump like I have just been through. Probably the worst slump I've been in and happy I seem to be getting going. I'm sad it happened in the Analogue Painting challenge where I basically really wasn't a participant at all.

 I also plan on having less presence on forums and more on activities and the painting desk, but I will try and keep up on blogs, but if I fall behind it's because frankly something has to give of which I'm sure many fully understand that being the same situation.

My painting ambitions are pretty modest at the moment and just simply painting whatever I want to and trying not to over think things. Currently I'm re-doing some 15 ACW figures I'd like to game with as they are in such sorry condition and really need some tlc. I'm also doing some more FOW Americans. I do have some 28mm in the painting line up, but again just taking it moment to moment and letting the mood control what I do so I don't re-lapse.

Thank for viewing!
Miniature Company- Battlefront


  


36 comments :

  1. Very nice indeed Christopher, the dirt effect looks ace. Good to have you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christopher , good to see you back on the mat, great paintwork !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on them! The way you paint dust looks really great in this scale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see your getting back in christopher,
    The shermans look ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to feel the urge again and thank you Paul!

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. excellent work on these and glad uour painting again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very handsome armor. Your weathering technique is first rate. Love to see you 15mm WWII armor in a game sometime.

    Really great to see you back at the painting desk! Painting what strikes your fancy is a solid plan.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan I appreciate that!

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. Really nice work!

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 'em, how did you do the dirt effects? I want to paint an american tank but can't make my mind up over a Sherman or a Chaffee or an M10 or M18 tank destroyer.
    All the BestPeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Peter. They are MIG pigments and I highly recommend them. I apply them dry and do not use a fixative as it changes the colour imho. After handling for a while you do have to go back and reapply/touch up the pigments, but I don't mind.

      Christopher

      Delete
  9. Awesome work on the weathering - and in 15mm you get quite a force in reasonable time. I've been wanting to do the eastern front, SS division Wiking, for quite a while - think I'll just on your lead here and do it in 15 using the PSC minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much BP! Eventually I will do the Eastern Front as I want to add some Russians, but currently working on Normandy/Italy at the moment. Looking forward to seeing your 15mm WWII.

      Christopher

      Delete
  10. Very nice to have you back Christopher. These are wonderful, great weathering/dust effects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding work again! As always you exceled yourself with the weathering. Good to see you coming back on track again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nick! It's nice to be getting things going again.

      Christopher

      Delete
  12. Nice way to get back into the hobby, Christopher! I like the combination of cast and welded hulls. I agree about 15mm being a great choice for both painting and gaming, particularly for WW2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Dean and I'm enjoying it at the moment.

      Christopher

      Delete
  13. Superb work :) Great weathering :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. No worries Christopher with spending less time on the blog and prioritising with your painting. Well worth the wait when they finally turn up. Top tanks by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pat. I'm just kind of taking things easy and painting things that I don't need to think to hard about. I'd like to paint ancients, but since I cannot decide how I want to base them I've pushed them to the side. 15mm FOW and ACW is pretty easy in terms of decision making so I'm currently doing that until I can figure out how I want to do 28mm stuff.

      Christopher

      Delete
  15. Hi Christopher,

    at last I can congratulate you for your nice paint job and the super game in Coburg, where you have fielded your M4´s.
    For the Napoleonics we have talked about here´s a link to The Lead Adventure Forum:
    http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=54577.msg645868#msg645868

    Kobiyashi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Thomas! It was indeed a great game and thanks for the link!

      Christopher

      Delete
  16. Nice Shermans Christopher, can't have enough of them...And15's are nice, but 20's even better :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike. I've considered 20mm WWII, but the problem is I would need to get rid of my 15mm and 28mm collections as it would make collecting those scales pointless. In 28mm the figures are better and in 15mm the player base is much larger so that's pretty much why I haven't changed over. However, I still keep thinking about it, but for now I'll stay with 28mm and 15mm.

      Christopher

      Delete