Friday, July 10, 2015

Confederates (15mm)

Continuing on with my 15 ACW revamp project. Well I know I said I'll first finish showing all the union I have finished, but decided I would prefer to mix it up a bit and will be showing both.

When painting confederates I really like to to dive into the ragged mixed uniform look and give quite a bit a variety. However this does come at cost in terms of painting time and at least doubles it if not more when compared to painting union. However since I trade off back and forth between the two sides it gives me chance to have a break between them. The colours used are a mix of Foundry the first unit in front and Howard Hues the back two. The Foundry are darker shades and the Howard Hues are a bit brighter mixed with strong tone washes. I like them both and will mix them up in all my units. Flags are from the excellent GMB designs.

Lots more on the way soon!

Thanks for viewing!:-)
Miniature Company- Old Glory 15's


34 comments :

  1. look awesome mate, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting Confederates does take more time than painting their Federal counterparts but your rag-tag results are well worth the extra effort.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Jonathan and indeed they do take longer!

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Your Confederates look great! lovely flocking of the bases too - marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I am about to start a new ACW project--these miniatures are very inspiring! I like the motley look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly GM! Good luck on your project!

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. I think you've really succeeded in recreating that ragged "Rebel" look. I can almost hear the Rebel Yell ring out as these proud sons of the South storm forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly BP I'm glad they give you that impression!

      Christopher

      Delete
  6. Wow! They look superb Christopher, you have really captured that Reb look and to think they are in 15mm as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb painting Christopher - the ragged, mixed uniform look is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic looking troops, Christopher. The various colored clothing is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Christopher. you really have captured the ragged look of those Rebs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking units! Nice mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Impressive ! The units look really good and a stunning paintwork indeed !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking units. I like the ragged look to Confederates

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice work! The variety in uniforms is definately worth the extra effort! Really gives them a rag-tag feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They came out lovely Christopher!!!

    ReplyDelete