Thursday, January 11, 2018

Angry Bear


Not a good time for a misfire!! Johnny decides a retreat is a wise idea and takes flight in the face of what is now a very angry bear!


I do need some more deployment points for Sharp Practice so this little funny idea popped into my head.

After digging around in my boxes of lead I came up with a Perry militia figure and a bear from Conquest(Warlord now I think) to do the little diorama. It was quite fun to do and I'm looking forward to doing more deployment pieces for Sharp Practice as they allow you to find use with all those extras that don't quite fit into units.


The figures were painted using mostly Foundry colors with some Vallejo here and there. The bases is natural wood, stones and mixed sand with various grasses and tufts plus my trusty MIG pigments and a bit of craft paint, Foundry and Vallejo to finish it.


Thanks for viewing!:-)
Miniature Company-Perry, Conquest(Warlord)

18 comments :

  1. Hmmm seems someone is about to get a chunk taken out of their hide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dibs on Johnny's canteen when this conflict is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding brushmanship Chris! The fur looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s a really cool idea for a JOP - and a very good painted too!

    Btw - I bet on the bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it seems the bear is the clear favorite to win!

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. Very cool vignette Christopher! Great brushwork on this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bearing up I see. Nice piece, though my money would be on the ‘bare’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you David and I see you like playing it safe with your money!:-)

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. I'm not sure I would want to deploy there!

    ReplyDelete