Thursday, August 4, 2016

Impetus Sudanese/Berber Spearmen/Archers (15mm)



Well it looks like I missed the whole of July, but this was mainly do to catching a nasty summer flu which pretty much sapped all desire to hit the painting table except when I could summon the energy to paint for a little bit. I'm feeling better now, but even after 4 weeks it's still hanging around a little, but fortunately I'm doing much better and can now handle some painting sessions.


I took a look at my 15mm Ayyubid army and decided I wanted to expand it's roll to a more all purpose Arab army to use for several lists (Ayyubids, Fatamids, Rum etc.). For this to happen I need to add more infantry to the collection hence some spearman and archers which can be fielded as a combined units or stand alone.


As the rest of the army I went for a colorful look to help them stand out on the tabletop. The figures are from the wonderful Legio Heroica range and the banners are from LBM.


I intend to start on some Crusaders soon, but first I'd like add some more units to Arabs as a friend of mine already has a Crusader force so the Arabs need to be at 450pts to 500pts before I can make the shift. As a point of info I almost always collect both sides for a period so even if someone else has an opposition army I'll still collect for it in case they are unavailable when needed.




Lots of stuff I want to paint so not sure what's next. I'll just see where the brush takes me!

Thanks for viewing!:-)
Miniature Company- Legio Heroica

36 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Beautifully painted!! For some reason I can't comment on your blog, I can only reply???

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much Ray! As for the commenting only with a reply I have no idea why? Another blogger glitch??

      Christopher

      Delete
  2. Outstanding brushwork! The color variations in head scarfs make the unit stand out. Impetvs Arab armies in both 15 and 25? Why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jonathan! While it's true I know have an Arabic army in 15mm and 25mm the style is very different and the background of each army is quite different. The 15mm Ayyubids/Fatamids are very colorful and the 25mm Almoravids are very dour so it feels like doing completely different armies.

      Christopher

      Delete
  3. Super little chaps, Christopher. Hope you are well again now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly David and yes I'm doing much better.

      Christopher

      Delete
  4. Brilliant painting! The white paint contrast on the figures followed with your different head color variations make the the minis and units "pop" out of their lovely textured flocked bases - awesome work!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Phil I'm happy you enjoy the color contrasts!

      Christopher

      Delete
  5. Really nice paintjob. The colours are really fitting for that type of army.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christopher,
    Again very beautifully painted figures.
    Hope you will be ok very soon.
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Mike and yes I'm doing better now.

      Christopher

      Delete
  7. Superb Berber spearmen and archers Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Christopher. Love the look of these troops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous work Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Chris! You've definitely managed to get that fine balance between nice and colorful and garish right. I'm really looking forward to have a closer look next time. And while I know you're not a big fan of painting 15's let me assure you you clearly have the right hand for that scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nick! Well....I do like the finished results when I'm done, but getting there is the hard part!:-) That said, I do have more 15mm stuff planned.

      Christopher

      Delete
  11. Wow! I had to do a double take to see these are 15mm. Absolutely stunning brushwork again, Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mighty fine painting sessions those were m8e!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a terrific looking unit Christopher. Love your use of blue and green.

    ReplyDelete