Sunday, November 19, 2017

Goths vs Romans a SAGA report


Well a report is bit of a stretch, but I had a SAGA game a few weeks ago with Nick using the Aetius and Arthur supplement. I took my Goths vs his Romans and a very fine game it was! The game was pretty close, but in the end the Goths managed to prevail. The pictures are not the very best as I'm still trying to come to grips with my camera plus I do need to add further lights in my room so as to light up the table evenly without darker sections. I only snapped some pictures from the early portion of the game and forgot to take more during the heat of battle, but should give you an idea the game itself.

The Romans!



The Goths!



So far we really enjoy Aetius and Arthur as we find the armies really well balanced and have enjoyed all the games so far.

As for some news I had a chance to play my first games of Sharp Practice at Crisis and Chain of command with Nick yesterday at my home and was just blown away by both systems!! So expect future projects in both of these!! Also I have more Baroque units I'll be posting soon, but must admit finding it hard to stay focused on that as I want to do some other things.

Thanks for viewing!

34 comments :

  1. Great Looking game, table and figures!!!! I'm curious to know what unit compositions the forces were made of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Rogvaldas! It was a 8 point game, I think the Romans had combined Hearthguard Cataphracts, mounted warriors, and some combined foot warriors and the Goths had a Mounted combined Hearthguard cavalry and combined foot warrior units.

      Delete
  2. Very fine looking game Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fine looking table, coupled with awesome looking figures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid stuff, great toys and scenery the pics look fine to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks absolutely splendid Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lighting looks fine to me and your table and troops are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb looking game Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most impressive terrain and wonderful pictures, a splendid looking game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful looking game Christopher! I'm also delighted that you and Nick enjoyed your first foray into CoC. Though the writing can be a bit 'opaque' at times, we quite like the system and use it for a variety of periods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Curt! Yes, Nick and I had some colorful discussions about a few lines in the text, but we think we managed most of it well and the time flew by so a great indication of the fun we were having!

      Christopher

      Delete
    2. Well, nothing that would have spoiled our fun my friend. I think we did rather well for our first game.

      Delete
    3. Right you are my friend and I think we did rather well for or first crack at CoC.:-)

      Christopher

      Delete
  10. Nice work.
    good and restrained natural colors,
    battle groups and terrain...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a fun game indeed! An enjoyable afternoon out, as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job... nice table... i like
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great looking game, Christopher! Figures and terrain are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! SAGA is a game I've not played yet. I'm holding out for the next edition I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cory! I'm also interested in seeing what the new edition will be like.

      Christopher

      Delete